Monday, June 1, 2009

Bumble Bees





The bumble bees are back. Every year we get huge bumble bees that come to our house for our passion flowers. They are back now. We get two different kinds, or they are the same kind but look different, not sure. The one I got pictures of today is the all black one. The other bumble bee that comes is almost all black but has a bright yellow square spot up top where their wings connect. Once I get a picture of one of those I will post it. If you know anything about this specie of bees I would love to learn more.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anything about the bee, but I'm fascinated by the wishbone thing on the flower! I never noticed it before, but then again I've never really been up close and personal with a passion flower. Good shots!

    ReplyDelete