Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Got A Helmet!





The husband bought his motorcycle in April of last year. I told him that I would not ride on his bike with him until he was a more experienced rider. Well now that it has been over a year he was practically begging for me to get a helmet. So yesterday since it was our day off (stupid furloughs) I told him we could go get a helmet.

Its a great helmet. It is a Icon helmet and is Snell and DOT approved.

Yesterday then was my first ever ride on a motorcycle. Scott took me out slowly around town then we went over to a friends house a few blocks away. He also has a motorcycle so he joined us for a ride. We went onto the freeway and drove around for about an hour and a half.

Riding the bike was scary and fun to me at the same time. I do have to admit however that once you are on the bike it feels a lot safer then it looks like it would be. But of course I know it can still be dangerous and you always have to stay cautious.

1 comment:

  1. We had a motorcycle back in the day (30 years ago), or my husband did. It was kinda fun, but every time I was on it it scared the crap out of me. I also got a terrible burn on my leg one time from the muffler or whatever that thing's called. Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete