Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Promotion

I have the opportunity to promote with my job but now I am not sure what to do. I can promote at my current job in my current location doing the same exact thing but making more money. Or, I can promote and start a new job in a new location. I'm so torn. I obviously like the idea of staying in my current position because I already know the job and all the people I would be working with. But I would also like going to a new location and experiencing and learning new things. I know I don't want to do what I am doing forever and having a more diverse background will help me with jobs in the future. The other good thing is I wouldn't be stuck with my annoying boss. But I just don't know. Upper management keeps asking me not to leave and they really want me to stay. Thats always a good sign. Well I know what I am going to be thinking hard about.

1 comment:

  1. This is a decision you will face more than once in your working life. Sometimes you make the right choice, sometimes not, but you'll always walk away with an expanded life experience. So, what have you decided? And what exactly is it that you do? You say you're a criminal justice major - are you still in school? Are you working in that field, or just working until you get something in your field?

    ReplyDelete