Sunday, April 5, 2009

Backyard






Yesterday the fiance and I spent quite a bit of time working on the backyard. We bought gravel, rocks, and yet another plant.

Its all starting to come together. I can't wait until the plants are full grown so I can really see how it will all tun out. A couple of the plants are annuals but mostly I only got perennials so they can grow very large.

We also put up the birdhouse and the bird feeder I got. Now I just need to find a bird bath that I like. Even though everything is very small right now its already starting to have an effect. I have seen more little birds in my backyard then ever before. Even more honey bees then I am used to.
Above are pictures of just part of the backyard.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photographs, and it sounds as if your back yard is coming along nicely too!

    We have eight bird feeders, and two bird baths. One concrete and one plastic. I actually find the plastic one easier to clean.

    Looks like you are using a Canon Rebel xsi, how do you like it? Good little camera!

    SCG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look around and see who has a good plastic bird bath. Thats a good idea. I haven't even thought about the cleaning part of owning one!

    Yep, its a Canon xsi. Could you actually tell from looking at the pictures? Or did you see my old post talking about it? Lol. I love the camera. I just bought it about two months ago so I could start practicing taking pictures. I almost got the Canon 40D but decided to get the cheaper one and invest in lenses first. I haven't bought one yet though because I can't make up my mind which one to get first. The lens I am using is actually off of my old film Canon Rebel GII.

    ReplyDelete