Tuesday, April 7, 2009

To Have Kids... Or Not to Have Kids....

Since the fiance and I are getting married this month we are constantly getting the question, "So when are you going to start having kids?" You know, if one more person asks me that question I'm going to start screaming.

The fiance is 100% completely against ever having kids. He expresses this opinion anytime children are even brought up in a conversation. Me on the other hand, I cannot make up my mind. I have always said I didn't want kids but I worry about what I will miss by not having them. I know I am not ready to have any now, but if I have any I want to do it in the next 7 or so years. Nothing against anyone who has kids later in life, I just want to be done by the time I am in my mid 30's. But do I really want to? Kids drive me crazy I do not have the energy or the patience to keep up with them.

Today I read this article: http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/04/07/p.missing.woman.love.with/index.html. The article really depressed me. This is one of the biggest things I worry about when it comes to having children. I don't want to lose that connection I have with my fiance. I see it happen way to often with friends and family who do have children. Even earlier this week I was reading a blog and the lady mentioned that their new infant sleeps in bed with her every night and because their isn't enough room her husband has been sleeping on the couch for 10 months. I think that's horrific. You husband should come first, especially when it comes to who sleeps in the bed! How can a relationship last if the second a new child comes the spouse is booted out of the room?

It's these things and the responsibility factor that scares me. Its obvious kids shouldn't be coming anytime soon into our family. Now I just need to figure out if they should ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment